Android and iPhone mobile application development
In addition to the development of web and rich internet applications you Axeltra is a proven partner in developing applications that target the fastest growing mobile segment – the smartphone and tablet devices. We have developed native and HTML 5 based applications for:
- Android Tablet PC’s
Our services in mobile development are the following:
- Consulting in adopting existing web applications for mobile use
- Creating mobile presence native applications
- Integration with Appstore or Android Market
- Help in the pre-selection of best approaches and technologies for developing mobile experience
The technologies we use for developing mobile applications are the following:
- Objective C for building native iPhone and iPad applications
- Android (Googles mobile platform that relies upon a modified java platform that run on mobile devices)
- Appcelerator Titanium for cross platform development of native mobile applications
- DHTMLx Touch combined with jQuery Mobile for developing HTML 5 web native-like mobile applications
When developing mobile applications it is of paramount importance to specifically target the expected user segment and based on that develop the application for mobile use. Before the actual development we present the client with the full connectivity chart of the future working mobile interface. This chart contains all the possible interactions that can occur when the user is working with the application. The choice of the technology to use in order to create the working application will depend on the segment that the owner of the application chooses to target and the functionalities that the application needs to have.
Native applications require more maintenance, are more difficult to develop and in case of Apple they have to go through approval process – however they are much more powerful and can benefit from all functions that the mobile device can have such as access to the GPS, Phonebook, SIM card etc. On the other side web based interfaces can be very powerful database and content delivery applications and can even integrate some location based services – they do not require installation but are fully dependant on the internet access.