We have chosen PHP and the LAMP platform to develop our own flagship product Pragma C2AM platform – the context, content and application management software and deploy it via the Amazon Elastic cloud. We have chosen it for our platform due to the large developer base and mass acceptance of this server side technology on the world wide level which is very important since we offer the possibility for other developers to extend our platform. One of the key requirements of Pragma C2AM is to render pages and applications fast. No, we need it to move even faster! As a programming language PHP is simple – to learn, write, read and debug. It is easy for us to recruit new developers with previous knowledge which on the other hand allows us to innovate and expand the list of features as our clients request them. However being a scripting language PHP has the downside of being demanding on the CPU usage– and in order to address this we have started using Facebook’s HipHop platform to translate our PHP code into C++ and as such we are able to dramatically increase the performance of our PHP applications. Therefore we develop the applications business logic in PHP but our code runs as a compiled C++ code! If you choose Axeltra as your outsourcing partner in development of your PHP applications not only can we deliver cost efficient PHP development services but when your product is deployed you will get a world level application with unmatched performances. Axeltra currently employs 20 PHP developers.
PHP and the LAMP platform among the others have the benefits as listed below:
- PHP is open source. This means that you do not have to pay for operating system, the database software nor the server side technology
- PHP is extendible
- It is easy to write interface to to other libraries
- Large amount of database interfaces like MySQL, MS SQL, Oracle, Informix, and PostgreSQL etc.
- PHP will run on (almost) any platform.
- Several HTTP server interfaces.
When working with Axeltra you can benefit from the following PHP skills that we have to offer:
- Solution architecture for new PHP Applications
- PHP Application Development
- Upgrades from older versions of PHP
- Contract based maintenance of PHP Applications
- Optimizations of Code and Database
- Rewrite of legacy PHP application
- Database migrations and adaptations
- Migrations of JSP & .NET applications in PHP…. and vice versa
- Facebook’s HipHop platform for converting PHP to C++ (for minimal CPU usage)
- Developing PHP applications using the Zend framework
- Immediate availability for forming dedicated teams of 3-5 permanent developers who will work with your project management team on daily basis with possibility of growing.