Axeltra’s academic partnerships are aimed to diminish the gap between the scientific institutions and private companies which work in the field of Information Technologies. The current efforts that we make seriously strengthen the links between the research community and industry, thus facilitating the commercialisation of research results and reducing time-to-market as one of the strongest assets of EU ICT objectives.
Axeltra’s academic cooperation with several scientific and educational institutions explore the possibilities of practical use of different research results in the wider community and therefore it does challenge the pursuit of scientific knowledge and its technical application.
The frame of this cooperation is of a mutual interest to every party involved in it. Pillared in common utilization of scientific, professional, material, technical and space recourses among the partners, it is directed towards larger scale improvement of educational, scientific and operational activities in the field of information sciences and computer engineering.
In the final line the products of this common cooperation are benefit for every citizen and provide a contribution for a better relationship between scientists and citizens. With this aim in mind, the work programmes of our academic partnerships encourage greater activities that promote public engagement and dialogue which involves citizens, scientists, public and private institutions as well as civil society organisations in research and science policy.
The main area of our academic cooperation consists of:
- R&D projects development;
- Common collaboration on different applicative projects;
- Consultative activities and expert’s services;
- Educational activities;
- Material and professional support in investment activities;
- Academic scholarships and financial support for master studies;
- Efficient and focused student practicum;
- Special rewards and motivation for ingenious students;
- Recommendations and future advices for possible job vacancies;
- Well updated information system for events of common interest (seminars, trainings, workshops, ICT fairs);
- Sharing knowledge about possible participation in international and local networks of cooperation.
- Joint participation on projects
We are currently collaborating with the following academic institutions:
- University of Nottingham, Department of geospatial engineering
- Polytechnic University of Madrid – Department of Artificial Intelligence
- University of Wurzburg – Data mining group
- University Kiril and Metodij Skopje – Faculty of Computer Sciences and Information Technologies (FINKI)
- Academy of Sciences of Slovakia – Department computer linguistics