As a participant in the knowledge industry, Axeltra is aware of the importance of forming academic partnerships with the institutions that provide us with most of our employees! We’re actively involved with the study of technology at the university level. We sponsor university events and we actively participate in efforts to improve the teaching curriculum. We provide advice on adapting to future IT demands by sharing our business and technological insight with the academic community.
Axeltra’s academic partnerships are further focused on diminishing the research gap between scientific institutions and private IT companies. We’re currently making serious efforts to strengthen the links between the research community and industry, thus facilitating the commercial use of research results and reducing time to market, one of the strongest EU ICT objectives.
Axeltra’s academic cooperation with scientific and educational institutions ideally aims to connect research results to practical applications in the wider community. Alextra makes the excitement of new scientific knowledge even more exciting by exploring its potential technical applications.
The result of this cooperation is of mutual interest to every party involved in it. Based on a scientific, professional, material, and technical dialogue among partners, large-scale improvements in the educational, scientific, and operational activities in the fields of information science and computer engineering can be realized.
Finally, the products of this common cooperation benefit everyone and contribute to a better relationship between scientists and citizens. With this aim in mind, the work programs of our academic partnerships encourage activities that promote public engagement and dialogue involving citizens, scientists, civil organizations, and public and private institutions in research and science policy.
Our main areas of academic cooperation are:
- R&D project development
- Common collaboration on various applications
- Consultation and services as experts
- Educational activities
- Material and professional support in investment activities
- Academic scholarships and financial support for degree studies
- Efficient and focused student practicum
- Special rewards and motivation for exceptional students
- Recommendations and advice for possible future job vacancies
- Updated information system for events of common interest (seminars, trainings, workshops, ICT fairs)
- Sharing knowledge about possible participation in international and local cooperative networks
- Joint participation on projects
We are currently collaborating with the following academic institutions:
- University of Nottingham, UK–Department of Geospatial Engineering
- Polytechnic University of Madrid, Spain–Department of Artificial Intelligence
- University of Wurzburg, Germany–Data Mining Group
- University Kiril and Metodij Skopje, Macedonia–Faculty of Computer Sciences and Information Technologies (FINKI)
- Academy of Sciences of Slovakia–Department of Computer Linguistics